The Plaza de Toros "Malagueta" was officially opened to the public on 11 June 1876 with a fight that featured the legendary bullfighter Rafael Molina "Lagartijo" as well as others.
Designed by Joaquín Rucoba, who also designed the Mercado Central de Atarazanas, it is in the neo- Mudéjar style. The bullring is a hexadecagon in shape as can be seen from the Mirador de Gibralfaro that offers beautiful views of the bullring. The ring is 52 metres in diameter and has 4 corrals, 10 pens, stables, a medical station and other facilities. It now houses the Museo Taurino (Bullfighting Museum).
In August it hosts its major annual event, the Feria Taurina (Bullfighting Fair), which offers a broad programme of fights with great bullfighters. The Picassian bullfight held at Easter is also noteworthy; the bullfighters wear costumes inspired by the style, vision and forms of the painter from Málaga during this fair.
- Paseo de Reding, 8
- Disabled access