Better known as the Cistercian Abbey, it was built in 1878 by Jerónimo Cuervo and restored in 1990. The Church has a beautiful choir and tribune behind the chancel, an example of sacred convent art where the most obvious sign is its simple, bright façade topped by an original 18th Century statue of Santa Ana in terracotta.
The artist Pedro de Mena was closely linked to the Abbey for several reasons, the first was simply because his home and workshop were in the neighbourhood. His home currently houses the Museo Revello de Toro (Revello de Toro Museum) and is almost opposite the convent, in the nearby Calle Afligidos..
In addition, two of his daughters professed in the convent, taking the names of Andrea María de la Encarnación and Claudia Juana de la Asunción in 1671 and later, in 1676, another daughter, Juana, also became a novice when she was only eight .
Even within the convent, his daughters continued their artistic endeavours. Perhaps because of all this, Mena asked to be buried in the abbey church and he was laid to rest there on 14 October 1688. Later on, when the original monastery was demolished, the bones of Pedro de Mena were moved to the Iglesia del Santo Cristo (Church of the Holy Christ) and there were forgotten until their rediscovery in 1996. They were again transferred to the Cistercians and buried at the entrance since, according to legend, the artist's wish was "that he should lay in a place where his remains could be trodden on by the faithful because of his humble person".
- Calle Cister, 13